Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dead Larry "She Goes" Plunder Fest 2011

Hey last weekend was the most perfect Plunder Fest!
Dead Larry is a band that has been rocking it for a while now in the Minnesota Music Fest Scene.
My friend Zachary and I had the pleasure of meeting the bass player while we were adventuring through the woods/camp ground on a random path at night looking for the fire show. Dead Larry had just finished their set a very awesome performance.
For those who do not know Plunder Fest it is a Pirate themed music festival, so everyone busted out their pirate gear for the weekend.
My friends The Stalking Butlers played Friday night their set went well. I know I haven't posted my Bella videos yet, but I do plan on putting their performance up as well.
I've been on a hiatus going to festivals, attending TSB shows, and enjoying any music/random events I stumble upon (Pride Parade, Back to the 50's, Free Folk music in Lauring Park, and the occasional Dub Step show) Shows are getting so expensive lately, or sell out real quick. It's hard to catch a real good musicians now days. That is why music festivals are so great. It's a good chance to discover new musicians and bands. At Plunder I found the best opportunities to meet musicians in bands that play on the main stage and at drum circles.

Over the 4th I went to High Plains to see Trampled by Turtles a band I had been dieing to see for a very long time and they did not disappoint


No comments:

Post a Comment