Thursday, December 9, 2010

the industry (free or not)

If you think about, it's a very interesting industry. When I was a little kid in the 90's, my sister would tape stuff off of the radio with her boombox and its tape recorder. She would also do the same with CD's. That was then. This is now. People are able to access free, illegal music now all of the time with computers. But, the fact is, that it has actually been occuring for a long time. Even before digital technology. People recorded bootlegs at live shows and sold them for a profit. Some people shoplifted from record stores. Let's face it, music is expensive. At a certain point, people ask, "Can I really afford to buy any more?" People go to stores like Cheapo and get great deals on used CD's, but then they find out that new CD's are sold for $18.99! It gets crazy expensive. I don't think I would pay more than $12 for a good CD. I want to hear clips of songs before I buy, especially of artists that are not on the radio. Sometimes the only good radio is Sirius or XM radio. I like podcasts that show you clips of songs by indie bands. I like record stores that aren't afraid to play unheard of music. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment