Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Interview with Alex Staples (Toxic Waste)

I recently conducted an interview with MSB Music Biz student, Alex Staples. Alex goes to the BC campus, has been featured on Red Vinyl Media albums and at shows, and creates music under the name Toxic Waste. Here's what he had to say:

Tell us about your music?
My music is tends to be classified as a combination of raw lyrics and passion that's hard to miss. I started writing lyrics when I was around 10 years old. The first time I ever performed live was when I was 16 years old. I was was extremely nervous and on the verge of collapsing.

What made you want to pursue music as your career?
There was no other option. Plain and simple. That's all I ever wanted to do.

Why MSB?
MSB was quick with the phones. There were the first one's to call back. I started at IPR but had problems with the faculty.

Your favorite artist?
If I had to choose one, hands down, it would be Eminem. No other compares to the amount of inspiration he has fueled me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment